Friday, November 26, 2010

Lunch At Frames, Sunway Pyramid

Last week, I won a prize from P1 W1MAX's Twitter contest. You can read about it here. Well, if you are wondering what the prize is, it is a RM50 cash voucher to dine at Frames, Sunway Pyramid.

The first time I went to Frames was during the My Selangor Story 2010 Bloggers Competition. Have you read my entry on #MSS 5th day?

So anyway, I invited Catherine to come along with me for lunch and so we went to Frames last Tuesday.
frames
I can say that the service there is up to par. We were greeted with happy staffs and happy staffs = happy customers.

Since, I'm using the voucher, we had to have the food from the Set Menu instead but we do have a choice for our mains.

Well, we got a little confused on how to use the voucher because there were no Terms and Conditions printed on the voucher. We asked whether the voucher's value is used to deduct off from our receipt. I heard 'No', Catherine heard a 'Yes'. In the end, we got a little confuse with everything but we just ordered anyway.
iced lemon tea
We had Iced Lemon Tea for drinks. It's very thoughtful for Frames to prepare a separate 'jug-lett' of sugar syrup for their customers. Sometimes, Iced Lemon Tea can be a bit too sweet for some people. This way, we can have the sweetness to our own liking. =)
mushroom soup
Then the starter came. Mushroom Soup served with a chilli parmesan cruton. It gets your appetite started but beware to those who have a small stomach, you might just be full before even reaching your mains!
fish n chips
Catherine's main of Fish 'n' Chips.
Cruncy breaded dory fillets with steak fries, homemade tartare sauce and green peas puree.

At first glance, I thought the puree was wasabi. Wasabi with fish n chips eh? Haha!
crusted salmon
And mine would be the Crusted Salmon.
Homemade coriander infused smoked salmon served with sauteed abalone mushrooms, asparagus, rocket and lime-soy butter.

It was orgasmic! Haha! It was a pretty big portion too. During  my whole experience of eating, its hard to find a good place with serves a generous amount of food with acceptable price.

To be honest, the first thing I was looking forward to eat was the greens. Usually people will put aside and not eat their greens but this just looks so appetizing.

Their sides of mushroom, asparagus and mashed potato are just the right serving because the salmon is humongous!

Halfway through my salmon I was already quite full. However, I do prefer my salmon to be a little more 'moist'? It's a little too dry for me I guess.

Both of us were bloated at the end of the meal. Feels like we can skip dinner. =) So we asked for the bill, still not knowing how they would charge us but then it was said that the RM50 voucher could pay for both our meals. So it was a free lunch! *happy*


All in all, we had a great time at Frames. The customer service was good, environment is relaxing, they were very generous on food portions. I guess that's all you need for an enjoyable dining experience.

However, I do like to point out that maybe next time, vouchers should have Terms and Conditions printed out or at least have someone explain clearly on how to use the voucher because I wasn't really clear about it that day because one would think that vouchers are used to deduct off from the total bill and you get to order from the menu.

frames reminisce
taken from Frames' Facebook

So if you are planning on having lunch or dinner, do try out Frames at Sunway Pyramid. It's just located right at the main entrance of Sunway Pyramid (Oasis Boulevard), under the Sphinx head.

It opens daily from 11.00am to midnight.

You can even have reservations for parties. Just give them a call at 03-5631 9989.

For more information, do check out these links: Frames Reminisce Official Website | Frames Facebook

Remember to subscribe to The Orange Banana and also follow me on Twitter @dylan3008.