Christmas is coming! Do you feel the Christmas spirit yet? This Christmas season you can make a difference by helping change a child's life.
The Rotaract Club of Kuala Lumpur (RACKL) supported by AllMalaysian Bloggers Project (AMBP) has organized a project called 'Gift A Kid'. IT's aim is to enrich the educational experience of 100 underprivilige children in the Klang Valley.
(This reminds me of being an Interactor back in my schooling days. Service Above Self)
How to do this you say? It's by providing them with providing them with back-to-school material for the 2009 school year. Besides that, there will also be interactive sessions and educational trips. Trips?! YEAH! The first one would be a movie outing!
Children from the following organizations will benefit from the project.
- Rumah WAKE 1: A home for HIV+ children and their affected siblings under the Pertubuhan Wanita dan Kesihatan Kuala Lumpur)
- Sekolah Rendah Jenis (Tamil) Cheras: Many of the children from this school come from the surrounding low-cost flats and squatter areas. Most of them can’t afford school uniforms, let alone school fees.
- Bloggers being bloggers, what we do best is to blog about it right? Start writing about 'Gift A Kid' right away.
- Or you can dig up your wallet, purse, handbag, bank, safety deposit box, secret hiding place for RM10 to a full amount of RM150 to be donated.
- You can also personally sponsor a kid yourself!
- Tell your mama and papa and aunties and uncles, grandma and grandpa about this event!
- Ask them to either help sponsor a kid or spread the word. Send out thousands of e-mails spamming the whole universe! (Haha! I"m just joking about the spamming. One e-mail per recipient okay. SAY NO TO SPAM!)
- Print out the Sponsorship Form, then fill in your details.
- Together with the sponsored sum, return the form(s) to us between Dec 15 and 18, at the following address:
Star Publications (M) Bhd
Phileo Damansara II
15 Jalan 16/11
46350, Petaling Jaya
For enquiries, or to get a form (if you can't find a printer), you can get in touch with Michael A. Fredericks (019-2184 307) from the AMBP, or Kavita (016-259 3818), Anu (016-254 6995) or Sumitra (012-246 9109) from the Rotaract Club KL (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
All payments can be made via cash or cheque written to “ROTARACT CLUB OF KUALA LUMPUR”, and handed to the people listed above.
This project was brought to you by:
And can be made successful with YOUR HELP. (^.^)
Source: AMBP, Gift A Kid
Besides helping out the kids, you can also win yourself some goodies courtesy of United International Pictures (UIP) and EMI.
You are first required to blog about 'Gift A Kid' to win a kid a trip to the movies.
Then choose one of the six pictures from the movies Angus, Thongs & Perfect Snogging and/or Wild Child in the Contest Page, and place it right below your blog post for 'Gift A Kid'
Caption the image of your choice and send the URL of your blog post to AMBP!
Continuing on to my entry:
Hot Guy: Hello, pretty ladies! Do you need help putting on suntan lotion?
Pretty Lady 1: Hey, can you girls hear something?
Pretty Lady 2: Yeah, it seems like some moron is speaking to us.
Pretty Lady 3: Really? I thought it was a frog.