Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Taking The Easy Way Out

road not taken life


The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

~~~


I was never a fan of taking the easy way out. I always will tend to choose the road not taken. However, there are some things which just seemed easier if it was the other way.

I was almost at the point of taking the left road until i steered right right at the last minute. It wasn't as smooth of a ride as I thought it would be. Of course I had expected this, damn if you suddenly make a hard right turn, it's sure gonna be rough. And that's what I got, I rough ride.

And finally, I got to know what lies in front of me on the other side. A bumpy and a road filled with potholes. I was expecting a much smoother ride but hey, not everything will go your way right?

I should have asked earlier about the other road but I was to shy to ask and too proud to lose. So I tried to steer back left but it kinda got worse and now I'm stuck in the middle.

Crap.

No comments: