Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Operator A vs Operator B

Operator A vs Operator B

The battle between cell phone operators has been going on since forever! With each company setting the best rates for their ‘loyal’ users. I can still remember back then where it used to be 10cents per SMS, and then the rate kept on dropping and dropping! And now the lowest charge for an SMS cost only 1cent! Talk about competition.

So, right now there are three main cell phone operators in Malaysia (correct me if I’m wrong). There’s Hotlink, Digi and Celcom. Because of tough competition, these companies start to come out with various plans and promotions. Trying to keep their current users and at the same time tries to get new customers.

They keep on changing their call plans again and again and AGAIN! Call rates and SMS rates kept on changing so many times! I used to know what are the call rates and stuff but right now I’m lost… =S

There are more call plans and promotion rates now…and that’s giving me a headache. Not that I’m complaining about the low call/SMS rates. The fact is that it’s confusing, that’s all! Right now, you have the Friends and Family for Digi and Active5 for Hotlink (you can activate Active10 now, if I’m not mistaken) where you can enter 6 numbers for FnF and 5 numbers for Active5 and you get special rates for calling/smsing these numbers. Some operating systems have their off-peak and on-peak hours where rates are different once again! Then there’s the FU-YOH hours for Digi… oh my gosh! So many call plans + so many rates = MAJOR BLUR!

So, I went to each of their respective websites to clear things out once and for all! So I typed at my browser’s Address Bar: [www.digi.com.my] [www.hotlink.com.my]. Guess what? The moment the page loaded, I just got even more frustrated with everything…

The websites looks all messy and stuff with their flash animation and 1001 links everywhere…I mean, come one man! Can you get your page a little bit more organized?! Get a new web designer! Haha!

I went on searching for what I wanted (took me some time though). Here’s what I found out…


For Digi Prepaid Plus Users

what about the SMS rates? (can't find info on SMS rates!)

For Digi FUYOH Users


This only gives us info on FnF. What if I'm using the FU-YOH plan and i wish to call or text my friends who are not in my FnF list? *cracks head*

For Hotlink Plan Users


For Hotlink Active10 Users

Active10 is just a sub-plan which you need to activate right? =S

Activ10 FAQ

1. What are the Hotlink Activ10 call and SMS charges?
Call : 15sen/min
SMS : 1sen/SMS

The rates above are only applicable to Hotlink Plan & EM Plan users. Rates differ for other plans:

Call charges (Per minute)
SMS Charges (Per SMS)
Hotlink Total Plan
Peak hour : 20sen
Off Peak hour : 10sen
Hotlink Zone : 15sen
1sen
Hotlink Talk/Standard Plan
Peak hour : 30sen
Off Peak hour : 15sen
5sen
Hotlink SMS Plan
Peak hour : 40sen
Off Peak hour : 25sen
1sen

Note
: Peak hours are from 10.00 am to 12.00 midnight
: Off-peak hours are from 12.00 midnight to 10.00 am

For XPax Users





With so much info gathered...I'm still LOST! HELP!


A friend of mine has just set up a new business thingy. Some sort of a retail industry I guess. It’s all about apparels. So, check out his site if you want to know more.

1 comment:

Epool86 said...

dont try to use those complicated plan.. just choose one simple plan.. for example UOX

refer to the following table
http://www.friendsterkit.com/images/rates_compare.jpg